Binding Arbitration - Elizabeth Marx Through the corridors of the Windy City’s criminal courts, single mother Libby Tucker knows exactly how far she’ll go to save her cancer-stricken son’s life. The undefeated defense attorney is prepared to take her fight all the way to the majors.

Circumstances force Libby to plead her case at the cleats of celebrity baseball player Banford Aidan Palowski, the man who discarded her at their college graduation. Libby has worked her backside bare for everything she’s attained, while Aidan has been indulged since he slid through the birth canal and landed in a pile of Gold Coast money. But helping Libby and living up to his biological duty could jeopardize the only thing the jock worships: his baseball career.

If baseball imitates life, Aidan admits his appears to be silver-plated peanuts, until an unexpected confrontation with the most spectacular prize that’s ever poured from a caramel corn box blindsides him. When he learns about his son’s desperate need, it pricks open the wound he’s carried since he abandoned Libby and the child.

All Libby wants is a little anonymous DNA, but Aidan has a magical umpire in his head who knows Libby’s a fateball right to the heart. When a six-year-old sage and a hippy priestess step onto the field, there’s more to settle between Libby and Aidan than heartache, redemption, and forgiveness

First I am going to say that this was a very intense, emotional book. But I have to be careful what I say because there are several important plot points that can't be given away. That being said, here is my review.

It was a very well written story of the difference between being an adult and being a grown up, if that makes sense. There is a lot going on in this book so it definitely keeps your interest. I really enjoyed seeing how the characters of Libby and Aidan changed and grew from where we left them in Cutter Vs. Jocks. Obviously a lot has happened since we left them at the end of that book but I feel like Ms. Marx did a great job of catching us up without overloading us on information.

There were many interesting and essential secondary characters that added to the book and the various plot lines. This book does a great job of interweaving the lives of Libby and Aidan, bringing together the people in each of their lives, sometimes with explosive results. I was pleasantly surprised when I found myself liking Aidans parents. Given what we knew of them from Cutters vs. Jocks and even what he was thinking in this book before he went to see them, I was prepared to hate them.

There was one thing that bugged me about this book. I really felt like there were way too many loose ends left for the reader. I had more questions than answer when I was done. I really hope there is going to be another book, maybe to explore the life of Aidan's brother, or one of the other secondary characters that we were left wondering, "But what the heck happened with...!?"

There are so many plot turns and twists, you simply have to read this book for yourself. It is a wonderfully uplifting book that will make you laugh, sigh, and cry.