Possession (A Little Harmless Military Romance #2) - Melissa Schroeder Loving a military man isn't always easy and sometimes living with him is impossible.

Possession: A Little Harmless Military Romance Book 2

Deke Berg has been in love with Samantha for ten years. From the moment they met, they could never keep their hands off each other. Their marriage was volatile and short-lived, and they were both much too young. Now, though, Deke knows what he wants in life, and Samantha is at the center of his plans. Unfortunately, Samantha is wary of the marriage-espcially to a man who broke her heart.

Sam has always loved Deke. Being a former military brat, she thought she'd been prepared for life as a military spouse. But the long separations were hard, especially dealing with the stranger who returned home. When she asked him to choose, he left and she tried to move on. She doesn't know if she can handle that pain again, but after spending a night together in Hawaii, it's impossible for her to ignore him.

Old prejudices and painful memories aren't easy to overcome, but there is one thing Deke understand: Samantha is his woman, and he will do anything to prove his love and win her back.

Warning, this book contains: Another hard headed military man, a few embarrassing moments, nosey brothers, and two people too stupid to realize they are perfect for each other. It's Harmless and military, so for your own safety make sure there is ice water nearby. The author assumes no responsibility for overheating the reader.

Yet another fine addition to the A Little Harmless Military Romance series. Even being just a novella (and if you know me at all, you know how I like my books long) I did not feel cheated. There was a clear conflict and resolution with plenty of angst to pluck the heart strings. The relationship detailed between Samantha and Deke was superb. I spent a good portion of the book wanting them to pull their heads out of their asses and see how right they were for each other. I love a book that pulls me in to the extent that I get violent to fictional characters. And Melissa Schroeder delivers every time! I was laughing at the drunken antics of their respective brothers. It always makes the books that much richer to meet the supporting characters and dream about which one I will get to meet next.

So much of this book makes it my ideal read. First of all there is the location. With each successive book the Ms. Schroeder makes it clear she loves Hawaii and passes that love onto us with the rich descriptions. She describes the feel of island life and the mentality perfectly. Not only do I feel like I am there but wish I was too. Second is the way she brings the characters alive. I can always relate to them, whether or not I have anything in common. And third is her uncanny knack for choosing just the right cover for the book. In this case, the female cover model is exactly who I picture Samantha to be form the descriptions. I don’t always like a books cover, but when it is good and truly seems to reflect the story or the characters, it just adds that other dimension that helps enjoy the book even more. So I would like to give a shout to Jenn Leblanc and her photo that made a 5 star cover!

Yeah I know, I am supposed to be reviewing the writing, not the cover. In my opinion, it is just part of the perfect storm that created this book. I am eager to see where she goes next in this series.