Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1) - Melissa Schroeder Ok, I admit, while being a Melissa Shroeder fan, I wanted this book for the yummy, cover, hotness. I mean, it's Melissa, so I knew it would be good. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Here is the blurb:

Will desire be the answer or the ruin of an entire clan?
The Cursed Clan, Book 1

As Laird, Callum Lennon feels he has always failed to protect his cousins. Callum’s impulsiveness caused the death of his father and the experience has scarred not only his body, but his soul. From that point on, he made sure to always go with the more logical choice in every matter. When his younger cousin Angus finds clues that might help break the curse, Callum begrudgingly hires Phoebe Chilton to investigate. Callum doesn’t like bringing outsiders into their family affairs. Their life would become fodder for the tabloids if anyone were to find out about the curse. It doesn’t help that the instant he meets Dr. Chilton he’s attracted. But, he doesn’t really have a choice because she might be their last hope.

An expert in archeology, Phoebe has always been dwarfed by her parents’ shadow. Their high standards had her in college by thirteen and earning a second PhD by twenty-two. But her career and her broken marriage have left her needing something more than just diplomas and degrees. She wants to prove that her interest in legends, especially Celtic legends, is as important as her parents’ work. When the Lennon family contacts her, she sees the opportunity to win a massive research grant. With a long-time rival breathing down her back, she jumps at the Lennons’ offer her, hoping it will ensure her the grant. But uncovering the Lennon family secrets, and her attraction to Callum, could prove more than she can handle.

Forces outside the family are determined to ensure that they fail. When an old enemy threatens both the well being of the clan and the fragile new love, Callum will have to choose between believing his mind or his heart.

I was hooked from page one. The way the characters are revealed, and the story unfolds had me completely drawn in! I made the mistake of starting this book at work. I was deep into it, and when I came up for air I had a hard time getting my mind out of Scotland and back into the cafe. So don't read at work! You will be sucked into the awesomeness that is Clan McLennan. You also get just enough details to have you wanting to read the other four cousins' stories.

Go forth and read.