Steam Powered Passion (Steampunked Lust, #1) - Corinne Davies Review written for http://www.books-n-kisses.com/

Tori is keeping some serious secrets, but no one in this book is as they seem. So many characters have hidden agendas or double lives that you will be guessing who is good and who is bad throughout the whole story. And the story was engrossing. Equal parts passion and intrigue, it kept my interest from page one. The characters were rich and I felt like I could immerse myself in the story as though I were really there. The sex scenes were hot but what really got my attention was the plot. It is an exciting story full of mystery and action. There are several scenes where you feel like you are part of the battle. Just when you think you have it all figured out, something happens to throw it off course. I do so love a story that isn't too predictable. Of course the main characters get their HEA. And there are also many other characters introduced that make it clear there will be more books in this series.

This was my very first Steampunk book. I was blown away! The details were rich and imaginative. I love how they mix a Victorian era with all sorts of new technology and off the wall inventions. Writing a story like this takes some serious world building and Corinne Davies did not disappoint. I was very impressed with the attention to detail and the effort Ms. Davies put into making this a rich exotic adventure for the reader. I am ready to start book 2: Steam Up Memories in which we get to know more about Tori's sister Yzabeau. I highly recommend this book!