The Good Sister: Part One - London Saint James I am blown away by this book. I was drawn in from the beginning by the story of this wounded girl and the man she fell for. It was a journey of the soul. The characters were so beautifully human, flawed and tortured. They are all very selfish. Only thinking about what they want, not worrying about what others could want. It sounds bad, but I don’t mean it that way. It is all part of their emotional growth in this story. The fact that Ms. Saint James illustrated these characters so realistically made them riveting to read. Real people are selfish and flawed and tortured. Real people are loving, caring and giving. Seeing Reid through Trinity’s eyes, even in the beginning I think I could tell that he had feelings for her that he didn't know or understand. There was an immediate connection. Getting to know him through the story, there were moments I wanted to kill Reid. The more I got to know him, the more I liked him. Even while being unapologetic about who he was, it was clear he had strong emotions where Trinity was concerned.

The character of Trinity is one of the best flawed heroines I have read in quite a while. She is unapologetic in her motives and not afraid to admit when she is wrong. The emotional growth she experiences was wonderful to read. Despite the fact that she calls herself a “ghost” more than once, she has more courage than any one I have ever known. A traumatic event in her childhood shaped her life in a crippling way. Yet through it all she fights to overcome the psychological damage it has wrought. Ms. Saint James could easily have fallen into the trap of making Trinity the stereotypical wounded heroine but she didn't. The journey Trinity takes is awe inspiring albeit selfish. She goes after what she wants with no thought to anyone else’s feelings or emotions. My heart ached for her and I could feel the depth of her pain. She had to be selfish to reclaim every little piece of her soul.

For my first book by this author, I just have to say, wow. This book was just fascinating. The settings were described in wonderful detail. The people all so interesting I had to keep reading until the end. I will say the end caught me by surprise. I am not really a big cliffhanger person, but for this book it works. I am eager to devour the next book and see how this story will progress and end. I am going to be re-reading this story for a long time.