Written in the Stars - Patricia Rosemoor, Sherill Bodine I have to say, I hesitated when offered this book for review. I don’t read many historicals anymore. There is nothing wrong with them, I just got burnt out on them for a while and now they just aren’t my first choice in the romance genre. However, this story and the premise sounded so intriguing that I couldn’t pass up the chance. I am so glad I didn’t. This book is right up there with the top books I have read this summer.

In the first story, we have the story of Elizabeth and Will. A true fated romance, this story had it all. The supporting characters were all so well drawn that I was engrossed in the story from the first page. Poor Elizabeth and Will both tried so hard to do the right thing. They fought their attraction to each other and a dark evil that threatened the entire castle. Oh that Carlyle made me so mad. He made me feel stabby! As in I wanted to stab him. More than once. Like a lot. So, kudos to the authors for drawing me so deeply into the story, if I had been a character I would have committed murder.

The second book was a little more convoluted by the fact that unlike in the first story, there was no clear cut villain. We, the reader, of course know who the villain is. Well, ok, I knew who the villain was. I mean it is a little up in the air, but I knew as soon as there was talk of…let’s just say black magic in order to avoid spoilers…immediately who was shaping up to be the villain. In the second book the romance seemed to take a back seat to the intrigue. There was definitely excitement and danger that kept me flipping the pages and staying up way too late to finish reading the book. I also developed a serious desire to learn how to scuba dive.

Anyway, the book as a whole was just a treat to read. With history, mystery, romance and evil curses this book has something for everyone. It will suck you in and you’ll have a hard time putting it down until you figure it all out. I am totally ranking this as one of my top summer reads. You should definitely go out and get this book.