Blood Rage  - Tory Michaels This book blew me away! I am in love with the characters that inhabit this world and the world building is wonderful. I like how we get blurbs of information about the history and such at the beginning of each chapter. This book is unlike any vampire book I have previously read. I can't really say too much about the plot because I don't want to give it away. You really need to read this book your self.

The story is a richly detailed fantasy about what could happen if humans lived side by side with paranormal beings. In this book we have not only vampires but shapeshifters and witches too. It is a little convoluted but in a good way, if that makes sense. Things are most definitely not what they seem. There is a major murder case to be solved and the hero and heroine are thrown together against the heroine's will. She has a bad history with him, she thinks. Ahh, one of the many things I can't elaborate on. It is all so deliciously twisted and there is so much mystery and intrigue that I flew through the pages, dying to find out what happens.

The author captures emotional nuances that make all the difference. I also loved the teases about the past and the way we get to find out what has happened with these characters before the story begins. It is so deliciously tantalizing.

I am going to tell you, it is not a clean ending. We get a HEA for the H/H but there is much left unsolved. That is a good thing because this series promises to be one of the most enthralling I have started in a long time.