Soft Sounds of Pleasure (Devilish De Marco Men, #1) - Eden Connor Lila Walker has batted lead-off in Colton De Marco's fantasies for years, and now that he's stumbled upon her sunbathing in the nude, he decides to take his best swing.

Coping with her ogre-in-law, her inability to collect her late husband's life insurance, and the knowledge the entire town's counting the days she wears widow's weeds, Lila decides some between-the-sheets batting practice is just the distraction she needs--even if their sexy scrimmage won't last the summer.

But is she missing Colton's signals that he's in it to win it? And can Colton knock it out of the park with the attractive widow before his thirteen-year-old nephew's foul attitude gets him thrown out of the game?

This book started out with assumed adultery. I am not sure how I felt about that. There was plenty of impetus behind it and it is all very well described but still at the back of my mind, throughout the rest of the story, it bugged me. I really did fall in love with the hero, but that inital act really bothered me. Ok, so I know thats just me. On to the rest.

This was a charming love story. I fell in love with the characters and the setting. In the beginning, Lila was pretty wrapped up in what people thought. She was working through some pretty heavy duty grief. Sometimes she seemed a confident woman and others not so much. By the end she was becoming a little stronger and telling the people that deserved it to back off.

The De Marco brother dynamic was pretty typical. One minute they seem to be unconditional understanding and love, the next judgey and harsh. I know many families who are this way. But when it came to their nephew's welfare they were willing to do whatever it took and I really like that about them. I will be curious to see how their stories shake out in the future books of this series.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I will certainly read the future books in this series to see how it shakes out.