Everlast (The Chronicles of Nerissette, #1) - Andria Buchanan From the moment I read the description of this book I was excited to read it. I am a huge lover of the fairytales and this version where a girl finds herself trapped in another world where she is princess and the girl who tormented her is her maid was too good to pass up. I have to say, it didn’t quite turn out the way I expected. It was a quite journey for all the characters both literally and figuratively.

Ms. Buchanan did a stupendous showing us this new world. The descriptions and characters reactions kept me riveted. We meet many interesting creatures, both the stuff of dreams and nightmares. Bottom line, it was just a plain interesting story to read. The world building isn’t overwhelming. I was never bored as the story unfolded. Finding out why Allie and her friends were brought to Neris and the prophecies that were foretold was so cool. I kept turning the pages, excited to see what was going to happen next and where the journey would take them.

Of course, I was always rooting for Allie, Mercedes, Rhys and Winston. They are all good people, right down to their soul and they prove it in a myriad of ways throughout the story. There is of course the romance angle, but that never took over the story. I really disliked the Fate Maker and the more we learned of Allie’s history, the more I hated him. I am eager to how what we learned in this book impacts her in the future installments.

The story as it is revealed in this, the first in the series of The Chronicles of Nerissette is pretty much solved by the end of the book. For now. There isn’t a major cliffhanger, but you know there is more to come. The epilogue, instead of tying things up in a neat bow, hints at the story to come and left me wanting more! I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book in the trilogy: Evanescent It will be interesting to see what happens next.