Prometheus Unstitched - Lila Shaw,  Claire Gillian Cory Blindbarrow of Blindbarrow Crimefighting Couture, loves her work—from tailoring bulletproof fabrics to engineering concealed weaponry. Kowtowing to the over-sized egos of her superhero clientele? Not so much.

Her newest client, Theo Richelieu, aka Prometheus Man, can see five minutes into the future. Unfortunately, nobody believes him. He’s exactly the type that pushes Cory’s buttons. But he’s also quite talented at engaging (and disengaging) her buttons and zippers. As maddening as Theo can be, Cory can’t deny their supernatural chemistry.

When a sniper targets Cory’s colleagues, Theo appoints himself her protector. His know-it-all attitude soon has her ready to tattoo a bullseye on her forehead. If Theo is unable to convince the headstrong couturier she’s the sniper’s next mark, their happily ever after might never make it out of the design phase.

This was a super cute and fun read. There are so few "adult" books out there set in a world inhabited by superheroes. In fact only one comes to mind and that is the Bigtime series by Jennifer Estep. I mean there is the Incredibles movie. Not really for adults but I enjoyed it. So I was thrilled to get the chance to review this book. It lived up to my expectations. Instead of a big superhero, we get a B-list superhero whose power isn't immediately apparent and a costume designer for the B-List heroes. I loved it! It was fast paced, fun and had the danger element that I so love in my books. Ms. Shaw kept the pace of the book fast and interesting. I found myself devouring it in one sitting.

I was sad when it was over. I wanted to live in that world for a while. I have to say that I kind of guessed the villain turn but there was plenty of stuff that did keep me guessing. And the last minute rescue dropped my jaw. Yay for smart, intellectual super heroes. It also helps when they are hot and hunky! So if you are looking for a good read set in the “anything goes” world of super heroes, give this book a shot. You won’t be disappointed. I look forward to reading more books by Ms. Shaw.