The Pirate Princess - Laurie Sorensen What does a princess do when she doesn’t want a prince? She escapes the princes grasp, mere hours before he is to win her hand and she becomes a pirate. Travel the open seas with Princess Alvilda as she captains the Cryatus in the 14th century. She and her band of female pirates terrorize the Danish people while keeping just out of reach of the one person she wished to escape, Prince Alf. When he captures her ship and discovers her true identity, will he also capture her icy heart?

This book is about a girl who is ruled by her father’s wishes. She wants to take that step to becoming a woman and choose her own destiny. Well, when you are in the 14th century, it just isn’t done. What follows is an exciting story of how a girl did just that. It is written almost like a fairy tale. There are beasts to be slain and fathers to disobey. There is adventure on the high seas and a love that overcomes incredible odds. Best of all, the princess gets a man who understands and is willing to let her be the woman she wants to be. I love a fantasy love story and this certainly delivers. My only sadness was they story was so short, but that is just me. I am a greedy bitch. *g*