Soul of the Succubus (The Succubus Chronicles) - Lila Shaw After nearly four millennia, Yve, a succubus and harvester of souls, has finally met her quota. She must travel to hell to redeem her own from the devil who holds it in hock. Ta’avah, the hunky and charming minion responsible for luring Yve into sexual slavery, joins her for her redemption ceremony before an audience of ogling demons. The pair soon learn that deals with the devil are rarely settled to anyone’s satisfaction other than Lucifer’s. Only one weapon can trump those of the master of deception, but do Yve or Ta have enough humanity left in them to find and wield it?

Warning: Explicit sexual content.
*****
I just love these R2Go books. They are short and sweet (Or not so sweet as the case may be) stories I can read for a quick fix of steamy hot romance. And that is exactly what Lila Shaw delivers for us with this story. I like how the character of Yve has thoroughly embraced the modern age. She just wants to get her millionth soul and go back to being human. Lesson learned here guys: Never make a deal with the devil, or one of his evil minions. Sad to read that after thousands of years, sex could loose its appeal.

But as Ms. Shaw shows us, even a succubus can find "the One". Of course there are demons, and evil minions, and...holy HELL...icky scorpions (*shudders*) to battle before they can get their HEA. They are also forced to have public sex. What's a little smoking hot sex between centuries old friends? Will, Yve and Ta get their HEA? You better pick up the book to find out. I am off to read the next one, Succubus Games.

I really enjoyed this one. It was a fun and sexy read with a nice bit of action to boot!